Punting refers to boating in a flat-bottom boat (punt) on shallow water. The Cam of England is full of punts on any day when it is not too freezing to be out and about on the water. In the picture was my punter when I was in Cambridge: a young good looking well-educated man. Elegantly, he lifted the pole up to push it against the river bed. He took us along the river telling stories about the prestigious Cambridge university which have homed some greatest thinkers…and more. There, I could admire some magnificently and solemnly standing architectures which must have seen the world change for the better. Such a privilege!
My name is Quynh, and I blog for fun and for profit. Check out my writing services at quynh.nl. See you there!
A self-portrait poem
An insomniac who writes
I crave for the peace of mind
Wandering in sleepless nights?
Do come to say Hi
- March in the garden: Gear up for a new growing season
- How to design my beloved balcony garden in a permaculture style
- Growing spinach in the containers
- How to be happy with gardening in the winter
- Gardening in January: Who’s up for some fresh air?
- Growing Potatoes Not in the Ground
- Easy-Peasy Spring Onion
- Growing Chillis Up North: Success and Failure
- Grow Basil, Make Pesto, and More
- The Joy (and Benefits) of Growing Bee-Friendly Flowers
- How to Care for Cherry Tomatoes from Your Balcony
- Growing Coriander in Pots: The Fun and the Rewards
- The Other Wedding Tale
- Over the Edge
- Gili Trawangan: A morning run
- Java Part 1: cities
- Getting Married
- Stop Wasting Food: Starting with Ingredients
- The wind and a dream
- Stop Stereotyping Me: I am not Chinese
- If You Drink The Water and Breathe The Air, This is About You.”
- Never Miss a Memory
- The Permission to Quit
- Trivia No. 5
- Trivia No.4.
- Trivia No.3
- Trivia No. 2
- Trivia No1.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets