Today is Mum’s birthday. She told me on the phone that she was very happy with the roses she bought for herself. Yep! She bought her own birthday flowers. It is not that Dad won’t buy her some. Dad will buy Mum everything if she lets him. Most of the times, she does not. It is like that Mum tries to protect Dad from having to go to the “scary” market to haggle with some “also-scary” flower ladies. Mum over protects her family. She does everything she can think of so that we don’t have to do them. When I was still at home, so often I was tempted to shout out of frustration that I wouldn’t know how to cook if she never let me cook. I never did though. I chose to move out instead. It is almost impossible to confront Mum. She overpowers me because I know how much she loves me. And I love her too. Happy Birthday, Mum!
My name is Quynh, and I blog for fun and for profit. Check out my writing services at quynh.nl. See you there!
A self-portrait poem
An insomniac who writes
I crave for the peace of mind
Wandering in sleepless nights?
Do come to say Hi
- Gardening with a baby
- March in the garden: Gear up for a new growing season
- How to design my beloved balcony garden in a permaculture style
- Growing spinach in the containers
- How to be happy with gardening in the winter
- Gardening in January: Who’s up for some fresh air?
- Growing Potatoes Not in the Ground
- Easy-Peasy Spring Onion
- Growing Chillis Up North: Success and Failure
- Grow Basil, Make Pesto, and More
- The Joy (and Benefits) of Growing Bee-Friendly Flowers
- How to Care for Cherry Tomatoes from Your Balcony
- Growing Coriander in Pots: The Fun and the Rewards
- The Other Wedding Tale
- Over the Edge
- Gili Trawangan: A morning run
- Java Part 1: cities
- Getting Married
- Stop Wasting Food: Starting with Ingredients
- The wind and a dream
- Stop Stereotyping Me: I am not Chinese
- If You Drink The Water and Breathe The Air, This is About You.”
- Never Miss a Memory
- The Permission to Quit
- Trivia No. 5
- Trivia No.4.
- Trivia No.3
- Trivia No. 2
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets