The first two weeks of June saw sunny days with clear blue sky. The weather has been pretty decent: warm enough for T-shirt wearers and sunny enough for tan seekers. For me, it’s perfect weather for rides on my new bicycle. I often raced through quiet lanes to get to my Dutch language class, feeling like a true A’dammer. On beautiful days, I took my bike out and pedalled peacefully through (almost) deserted parks of Amsterdam. The quietness made my thoughts wander back to narrow streets of Hanoi where I grew up and learnt to love life. Back in Hanoi, I used to go out for street rides, but on scooter. Not many in Hanoi cycle anymore. Ones often rush ahead on hectic streets to go somewhere air-conditioned, less noisy and less dusty. I wonder if Hanoi would ever slow down to have its people on pedals again.
My name is Quynh, and I blog for fun and for profit. Check out my writing services at quynh.nl. See you there!
A self-portrait poem
An insomniac who writes
I crave for the peace of mind
Wandering in sleepless nights?
Do come to say Hi
- Gardening Thoughts: On Patience
- Gardening with a baby
- March in the garden: Gear up for a new growing season
- How to design my beloved balcony garden in a permaculture style
- Growing spinach in the containers
- How to be happy with gardening in the winter
- Gardening in January: Who’s up for some fresh air?
- Growing Potatoes Not in the Ground
- Easy-Peasy Spring Onion
- Growing Chillis Up North: Success and Failure
- Grow Basil, Make Pesto, and More
- The Joy (and Benefits) of Growing Bee-Friendly Flowers
- How to Care for Cherry Tomatoes from Your Balcony
- Growing Coriander in Pots: The Fun and the Rewards
- The Other Wedding Tale
- Over the Edge
- Gili Trawangan: A morning run
- Java Part 1: cities
- Getting Married
- Stop Wasting Food: Starting with Ingredients
- The wind and a dream
- Stop Stereotyping Me: I am not Chinese
- If You Drink The Water and Breathe The Air, This is About You.”
- Never Miss a Memory
- The Permission to Quit
- Trivia No. 5
- Trivia No.4.
- Trivia No.3
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets