In a tavern in Bergen, the band played tribute to the American legend, Johnny Cash. The five Boys named Sue dressed in chic black, sang in harmony and performed in style. I like the way they smoothed the “cowboy” style. I danced with joy to the music, sang out loud to Ring of Fire, and transformed into a fever mode with Jackson. In the tavern, women danced bare feet and men turned red. We cheered to the band’s narrative in Dutch whether we understand it or not. I obviously didn’t but I had a very good feeling about it. By the end of the day, we all talked Johnny Cash anyway.
My name is Quynh, and I blog for fun and for profit. Check out my writing services at quynh.nl. See you there!
A self-portrait poem
An insomniac who writes
I crave for the peace of mind
Wandering in sleepless nights?
Do come to say Hi
- Growing Chillis Up North: Success and Failure
- Grow Basil, Make Pesto, and More
- The Joy (and Benefits) of Growing Bee-Friendly Flowers
- How to Care for Cherry Tomatoes from Your Balcony
- Growing Coriander in Pots: The Fun and the Rewards
- The Other Wedding Tale
- Over the Edge
- Gili Trawangan: A morning run
- Java Part 1: cities
- Getting Married
- Stop Wasting Food: Starting with Ingredients
- The wind and a dream
- Stop Stereotyping Me: I am not Chinese
- If You Drink The Water and Breathe The Air, This is About You.”
- Never Miss a Memory
- The Permission to Quit
- Trivia No. 5
- Trivia No.4.
- Trivia No.3
- Trivia No. 2
- Trivia No1.
- Why are you angry?
- What I think about and don’t think about when I am running
- Why I love trains
- Four things I’ve learnt about honey bees
- The 7 Reasons To Learn Dutch Even If You Live In Amsterdam
- Berlin: ” It’s for me”
- What I’ve found in Brugge
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets