A while back my man thought of a reading revolution where I would read books written by authors from different countries – from as far west as Columbia to as far east as Japan. I don’t know why he was the one who thought of it but I were the one who would do it. Anyway, I started with One Hundred Years of Solitude by Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez. Then I got side tracked by A Game of Thrones, which I did not regret at all because they were just too good. Now I feel like it is the time to get back to the project and put it down on paper. So here are what I have read/been reading since early 2014: 1. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez (Columbia, language of the original copy: Portuguese) 2. The Goldfinch, Donna Tartte (USA, language of the original copy: English) 3. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho (Brazil, language of the original copy: Portuguese) 4. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, Jonas Jonasson (Sweden, language of the original copy: Swedish) 5. Norwegian Wood,Haruki Murakami (Japan, language of the original copy: Japanese) And these are some in the queue: The Diary of A Young Girl, Anne Frank (Netherlands, language of original copy: Dutch) – I just got the original copy on ebook because I hope one day I will be able to read this title in Dutch The Girl on the Fridge, Etgar Keret (Israel, language of the original copy: Hebrew) Down the Rabbit Hole, Juan Pablo Villalobos (Mexico, language of original copy: Spanish) The Colour of Magic (Discworld, #1), Terry Pratchett (England, language of the original copy: English) How to Fall in Love, Cecelia Ahern (Ireland, originallylanguage of the original copy: English) …
My name is Quynh, and I blog for fun and for profit. Check out my writing services at quynh.nl. See you there!
A self-portrait poem
An insomniac who writes
I crave for the peace of mind
Wandering in sleepless nights?
Do come to say Hi
- March in the garden: Gear up for a new growing season
- How to design my beloved balcony garden in a permaculture style
- Growing spinach in the containers
- How to be happy with gardening in the winter
- Gardening in January: Who’s up for some fresh air?
- Growing Potatoes Not in the Ground
- Easy-Peasy Spring Onion
- Growing Chillis Up North: Success and Failure
- Grow Basil, Make Pesto, and More
- The Joy (and Benefits) of Growing Bee-Friendly Flowers
- How to Care for Cherry Tomatoes from Your Balcony
- Growing Coriander in Pots: The Fun and the Rewards
- The Other Wedding Tale
- Over the Edge
- Gili Trawangan: A morning run
- Java Part 1: cities
- Getting Married
- Stop Wasting Food: Starting with Ingredients
- The wind and a dream
- Stop Stereotyping Me: I am not Chinese
- If You Drink The Water and Breathe The Air, This is About You.”
- Never Miss a Memory
- The Permission to Quit
- Trivia No. 5
- Trivia No.4.
- Trivia No.3
- Trivia No. 2
- Trivia No1.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets